HANDICRAFTS TRAINING IN LAGOS
At Crafts Village® Nigeria, we offer Art, Crafts & other Handicrafts Training in Lagos, Nigeria as well as other art related events at our Crafts Village® Studio. Our handicrafts training initiative is focused on identifying & teaching alternative sources of livelihood for the young & intermediary people interested in starting a business & make a living from the creative trade. Hence, we always explore the possibility of partnering with reputed organizations & individuals to create a platform that would provide employment and income generating source for young & creative people in Nigeria.
Vocational education is education that prepares people to work as a technician or to take up employment in a skilled craft or trade like trades person or artisan. Vocational education is sometimes referred to as career and technical education.
What Handicrafts Training in Lagos do we offer?
First by understanding the definition of Handicraft; it is defined as skills done with the hands or an occupation or craft done using the hands. It is a traditional main sector of craft and applies to a wide range of creative and design activities that are related to making things with one’s hands and skill, including work with textiles, moldable and rigid materials, paper, plant fibers, etc.
Examples of handicrafts training we offer at the Crafts Village Nigeria includes but not limited to:
- Ankara/Leather Bags Making
- Ankara/Leather Shoe Making
- Weaving & Basketry Training
- Paper Crafts Making such as paper flowers, props, gift box making, handmade cards making
- Tyre Craft Making
- Tie & Dye (Adire Making)
- Wood crafts
- Ceramic Art & more
Crafts Village Nigeria™ is a made-in-Nigeria brand that offers a multidisciplinary platform that promotes the Arts, Crafts & creative industry in Nigeria. We proffer solutions such as;
- The Crafts Village® Studio; a creative walk-in studio in Lagos where we produce the best Arts, Crafts or Creative Gifts and also offer Handicraft Trainings in Nigeria.
- The Crafts Village® Marketplace; is a Local Crafts Shop and an online multi-vendor marketplace to shop your favorite art & crafts pieces, and
- The Crafts Village® HUB; our online art directory & community to find artists, crafters or art businesses across Nigeria and a training hub portal to register for art & crafts trainings.
To find & register for our available or ongoing handicraft trainings, kindly visit our online training hub by clicking HERE or click on the register button below.